Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: New Ostheer Concept.  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Ryousan

• Guard
  • We shall not give up and despair.
    • View Profile
New Ostheer Concept.
« on: July 27, 2010, 04:05:53 AM »
I can imagine that people is getting annoyed by these and Im sorry for making a whole new post but this a whole nwe concept which is includes some of the best aspects of my prior concepts and some new stuff that I included after some research in the forums.

VETERANCY SISTEM

Some Ostheer units gain special abilities as they gain veterancy, each units special abilities and explained below their specific threads. The units that do not earn extra abilities earn a normal deffensive and offensive bonus(or whatever other stat bonus the devs deem necessary)

In you HQ, You can choose the degree of Veterancy which the units you deploy have, though the ammount of time and resources will be higher. Be careful when choosing, it will affect all the units during the rest of the battle.

-RECRUIT LEVEL: No veterancy(0% Resources 0%Deployment Speed). Your units are cheap and can be deployed at lighting speed. Will not always prevail in one-on-one but you can unleash a fearsome blitzkrieg assault in no time!

-VETERAN LEVEL:(10% Resources 5% Deployment Speed) Deploy Veteran Units. These units are slightly more expensive and deploy a bit slower but are more familiarized with combat tactics and can use some powerful Veteran abilities. The perfect balance between skill and speed!

-CRACK LEVEL: Deploy Crack Units(15% Resources %5 Deployment Speed). Though there is no delay when deploying these units they are substancially more expensive, though their battle experience greatly compensates these flaws and have access to many devastating veteran abilities

This is the Spearhead of the Fatherland, looking forward to inflict a lethal blow to the Russian Bear.

-ELITE LEVEL: Deploy Elite Units (15% Resources 10% Deployment Speed) Are Most expensive and slower to deply than any other, but those men have seen the horrors of war  and lived to tale the tale, are capable to best alomost any other unit in combat and can make use of all their abilities as the most battle-hardened veterans.

This is the Reich"s Iron Shield against the Red Tide... 

SECURING SECTORS AND FORWARD OUTPOSTS

In order to secure a sector, the Ostheer must build up a Forward Outpost. Forward Outpots can be build by Landerzug and Sturmpioneers.

When securing a sector it does not produce additional resources due the logistical problems that the long distances and partisans are causing.

You either cen upgrade you forward outpost to produce more resources or to reinforce and garrison infantery.

-FORWARD OUTPOST: A Dirt and wood structure which solidifies your control on a sector.Its slightly weak but can be Upgraded with:

1. Logistical Center: It produces an improved resource bonus.

2. Holdout: Enables de Forward Outpost to reinforce infantery units and to garrison one Squad

TECHING

To pass from one Tier to the other you must have completed at least two researches of your current tier to pass to the next.

For example:

To Pass from TIER 1 to TIER 2 your need to research Assault tactics and Mine Dropping research in the Waffenkammer.

TECHTREE

HAUPTQUARTIER

Produces Sturmpioneers, Spahtrupp, Opel Blitz and can Deploy a Panzer Battlegroup.

*Sturmpioneers: Consist in a Squad of Three men equipped with the kar98k bolt action rifle. They can build up field defences and to build up additional structures for the Ostheer.

They are slow when capturing stategic points.

Can build up:

-Defensive Structures

*Barbed Wire

*Sandbags

*Tank Traps

*FORWARD OUTPOST (See thread above)

VETERAN ABILITIES

-Veteran: Sturmpioneers can capture strategic points faster.

-Crack: Sturmpioneers now build defensive structures at a higher rate.

-Elite: One Sturmpioneer is now equipped with a Flammenwerfer 40.

*Spähtrupp: fast-moving light infantery. Consist of three men equipped with bolt action rifles. Can set demolition charges

VETERAN ABILITIES

-Veteran: Enables the Spahtrupp to use Binoculars for improved socuting.

-Crack: Spahtrupp can cloak when stationary

-Elite: Enables the Spah trupp to request a light Artillery Strike (costs ammo)

*Opel Blitz: fast moving, unarmed transport truck. Can transport up to twelve soldiers.

-Can be upgraded to an Ambulence to heal infantery.

*Panzer Battlegroup: Requeires the Panzer Deployment research in the Waffenkammer. Deply a combat force of three Elite Level Panzer IVs.

TIER 1

STURM BARRACKS

Produces:

*SdKfz 2: Light tractor, perfect for recom missions and since one of his passenger is equipped with a MP40 is suitable for hunting down weapons teams and elusive snipers

*Landerzug: Medium Infantery.Backbone of the 3rd German Army Consists in a Squad of five men armed with the Kar98k bolt-action rifle and an officer fitted with a MP40.

Can throw the Stielhandgranate 24

VETERAN ABILITIES

-Veteran: Can now thorw Incendiary Granades.

-Crack: Landerzug can now throw Crack Granades.

-Elite: The Landerzug squad can now be upgraded with MG34s or with two Panzerbusche 39 Anti-Tank Rifles.

*Sdf.Kfz. 10:light Half-Track capable of transporting up to twelve men. Can be be upgraded with a mortar after reserach, although it loses its transport capability

WAFFENKAMMER

This is where you perform researchs to gain access to more powerful weapons and abilities.

TIER 1 Research

*Assault Tactics: Landerzug squads can throw two granades per launch.

*Mechanized Support: Enables your Sdf.Kfz. 10 Half-Tracks to be upgraded with mortars.

*Mine Dropping: Your SdKfz 2 can now lay down mines

TIER 2 Research

*Advanced Camoflage: Enables yor Heckenscutze to cloak.

*Ladungsleger: Your Panzer I gains the ability of laying down explosives to destroy enemy fortifications.

*Armor Piercing Rounds: Enables your Pak temas to use Armor Piercing Rounds.

TIER 3 Research

*Panzerjager Support: Enables your Panzerkommando Center to deploy the SdKfz 164 Nashorn Tank Destroyer

*On board mechanics: Inmovilized or Damaged engines can be repaired by the highly skilled members of the crew. Requires Ammo.

*Panzer Deployment: Enables the deployment of the Panzer Battlegroup.

TIER 2

FELDUNTERSTUTZUNGS CENTER

*Panzer I Aust F: Fast Moving,light tank. Armed with a couple of MG34s is useful for supporting infantery and cutting down enemy squads but its light armor wont protect it from bigger guns.

*Heckenschutze Team: A two men team equipped with a Ka98k and a single Scoped Kar98k.

VETERAN ABILITIES

-Veteran: The Heckenshutzen Team can use the "Power Shot" special ability which enables them to one-shot hero units ,like Captains.

-Crack: The Heckenschutzen gains an additional scoped Kar98k.

-Elite: Hecenschutzen Teams can now bobby trap strategic points. 

*8.8 cm KwK 43: Using the powerful gun that the Tiger II, this Anti-Tank Gun is able to pierce even the thickiest of armor.

TIER 3

PANZERKOMMANDO CENTER

*Panzer III: Medium Tank. Equipped with a 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 . Though seem to be obselete in comparison with the newest russian models, these tanks can enter the battlefield faster 

VETERAN ABILITIES

-Veteran: The Panzer III is now equipped with a MG34 in the turret.

-Crack: The Panzer III can now use the "Blitz Assault" ability to greatly increase its firing rate.

-Elite: The Panzer III armor is now strenghed with Panzerschurzen (Side skirts)

*Kugelblitz: Self-propelled Anti-aircraft Gun. Equipped with a couple of 30mm Zwillingsflak 103/38 it can deal with infantery, aircraft and light vehicles.

*Nashorn: Tank-Detroyer. Armed with the mighty Pak 43 it can tear appart even the heaviest Russian Armor at long distances

VETERAN ABILITIES

-Veteran: The Nashorn can now use the "Crippling Shot" special ability which enables it break the threads, wheels, to destroy the main gun and even to inmovilize enemy vehicles.

-Crack: The Nashorn can now use the "Hull down" ability and become a powerful AT position.

-Elite: The Nashorn can fire a single HEAT round, which can deal substantial damage to aby kind of armor.

COMPANY COMMANDER

SHOCK OPERATIONS

The Elite of the Elite of the mighty German Warmachine joins the fray. The world will hold its breath.

Hero Support:

*Defenders of the Reich 2 Points: Request Sopport from the Battle-Hardened Veterans of the Defense Squads 

-Calls in an elite Sturm Squad. Consist in a a Squad of five men equipped with bolt Action rifles. They can be equipped with MP18s,can throw an M43 stick granade with a Splittering fragmentation sleeve. They have shorter range than a normal grenade but have a wider action radious

*Terror 3 Points: Drops leaflets and the squads within its range become supressed.

*Black Tiger 5 Points: The Armored Knights of the Vaterland will asist in this glorious struggle.

-Calls in an Elite Tiger I equipped with a Schrapnellmine Launcher and that can swich between HE and AP rounds. Only Once per battle

Phsycological Warfare:

*Storm the Front!! 2Points: Der Rote kommt niemals zur ruh. Landerzug and Sturm Squads gain the ability to supress the enemy with focused gun fire

*Sieg oder Bolsche-Wismus!! 2 points :Fuhr Frieheit und Leben. All your infantery units obtain an offensive bonus and vehicles have a higher fire rate.

*The Sirens of Death 4 Points: A JU-87 Sturzkampffleugzeug Dive Bomber executes a bombing along a determined path. Also pinns the enemy squads in its action radious due the noise of the siren

SIEGE OPERATIONS

Make use of superior defensive operations and crush the foe with all the might of German Artillery!

Fortress Warfare

*Belagerung Engenieers 2 Points: Deploy a three men squad of speacially trained combat pioneers who are experts in defensive operations.

Can Build Up:

-Gräben: A large trench wich can garrison up to twelve

-Minefields( a much larger version of the usual minefield)

-AT Outpost: A fortified position equipped with a 8.8 cm KwK 43.

*Combat Pioneers 2Points: Belagerung Engenieers and Sturmpioneers can throw satchel charges.

*sFH 18 4Points: Enables your Belagrung Engenieers to build the 15 cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 to devastate the battelfield

Siege

*Urban Warfare 1Point: Infantery Units gain a defensive bonus when in heavy cover

*Das Brummbar 3Points: Deploys a Sturmpanzer IV to crush enemy defenses (Limit 2).

*Morser Strike 4 Points: An off-map Karl-Gerat Siege Howitzer fires a single 60cm concrete-piercing shell into the designated area.

ARMORED COMBAT OPERATIONS

The russians will be crushed under the iron threads of the superior desings of German Engineering 

Logistics

*Ladungsträger 2 Points: Enables your Forward Outposts to deploy the Sd.Kfz. 302 "Goliath" Tracked Mine.

*Stug III 3 Points: Deploy a Sturmgeschutz III useful for supporting infantery and dealing with basic tanks.

*Fuel Reserves 3Points: You recive more fuel while its active but your income of Manpower reduces after that.

Panzer Superiority.

*Ostfront Pioneers 1Point:  Your Sturmpioneers can now execute Advanced repairs

*Panzer Krieg 2 Points: All your tanks deploy faster

*The Elephant 4 Points : Deploys a single very powerful Panzerjäger Tiger to the battlefield. Cannot be more than Elephant on the battlefield at same time.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:53:39 AM by Ryousan »
My Ostheer Concept Updated: August 26, 2010

http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=4099.0

Offline Comrade1

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: New Ostheer Concept.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:29:06 PM »
My favourite concept so far. Your 12 man trench is the best in my opinon  :).

Offline Ryousan

• Guard
  • We shall not give up and despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:54:51 AM »
Thanks a lot. Thpugh if the devs still look at any of these  ::) lots of fun making them though  ;D
My Ostheer Concept Updated: August 26, 2010

http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=4099.0

Offline sovietwarmachine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:24 PM »
I like this idea a lot but I think it needs a few more things: your out posts need an Mg when turned in to a hold out bunker, another infantry unit maybe (only one is too much like PE) and how does your 88mm Kwk 43 deploy other wise great i really like your company command  ;D