Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.4] List of known issues  (Read 40368 times)

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • Blitzkrieg Mod
Re: [1.4] List of known issues
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
Sniper-Ace while under One Man Army doesn't seem to have a fire sound, the Jagdpanzer IV's hull MG seems to have no fire sound either.

The 2v2 map "Zhytomyr" seems to have some performance issues, at least for me, all of the other maps seem to work fine.

World wrecks in multiple Eastern Front maps seem to be selectable, not sure if it is supposed to be like this (can't remember if they are selectable on vCoH maps, but I'm pretty sure they aren't, despite still being targetable).

Just a few things I've noticed while playing Eastern Front, the Zhytomyr performance issue i've been having seems to have been crawling ever since the initial release though?  ???

Offline Ressy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »
I've been having an issue when using Commandos for brits:
Secured points, and the resourcing upgrade on a HQ command truck will not produce additional resources. For anyone on my team.
The only thing that improves a resource point's output is the HQ command truck upgrade on the British armor doctrine.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
Sniper-Ace while under One Man Army doesn't seem to have a fire sound, the Jagdpanzer IV's hull MG seems to have no fire sound either.

The 2v2 map "Zhytomyr" seems to have some performance issues, at least for me, all of the other maps seem to work fine.

World wrecks in multiple Eastern Front maps seem to be selectable, not sure if it is supposed to be like this (can't remember if they are selectable on vCoH maps, but I'm pretty sure they aren't, despite still being targetable).

Just a few things I've noticed while playing Eastern Front, the Zhytomyr performance issue i've been having seems to have been crawling ever since the initial release though?  ???
Yes, some wrecks are selectable in vCoH as well.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Raelity

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 10:38:55 PM »
- As Wehr when you have chosen all doctrin abilites you still earn
  doctrin points to spend
same here. i earned 1 more point then it seems to freeze (it remains at 1 CP for the rest of the game). but the blinking is quite annoying  ;)

Same for me...with RMC I continued to earn experience points after my Command Tree was completely developed.

Personally I like this, its good to see all those little green xp signs when a arty strike comes down, just to see how much damage has been done straight away.

Offline PanzerMan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 11:15:24 PM »
As I see, there are reports of XP problems, but I saw one more problem with "three" in the company "Ace Reborn", I started 3-d mission, got some expiriense, but can't get unlocked icons, some of them I unlocked before installing patch 2.602 and EF 1.4, but some of them is unlocked and i can unlock them again O_o some is unlocked but I can not see them (like an icon with "high explosive sheel" against infantry in the house and some others) in the right corner window

myabe this problem is not so important, but if another players have same problem - this is not so good. Can any one check this company for my bug ?

Post Merge: May 29, 2011, 12:58:02 AM
one more, when I play against Soviets and even as allied, when I click on the their Artillery Firebase I can hear its speech in russian.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:58:02 AM by PanzerMan »

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • Blitzkrieg Mod
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 01:04:02 AM »
thanks blackbishop, I just checked myself and there's a difference, the wrecks in vCoH don't have a white ring, have no portrait and have no unit name while selected, the ones I've seen being used in the maps have a pink "missing" portrait, engine sound, unit name, white ring around it and in Zhytomyr, the Tiger wreck even has a commander on it ;D
It's just a visual thing regardless. :)

Also, i'm sure this might be completely unrelated to the mod, but I was playing the PE campaign on Return to Valkenswaard when I lost both my Jagdpanthers on a bridge (forgot it was booby trapped, camo on vet looks great btw), and two squads of 2-men dubbed "Tiger Crew" spawned after they blew up, they all had the proper abilities of the ones from Tiger Ace DLC :o
Regardless, it may have been a random occurrence since my internet connection fell while playing it (and it did freeze for a few moments, twice.)
I tried it again to see if it was a random occurrence and killed a Jagdpanther on purpose, and it pretty much happened again, so something's up, I'll need to check on MP.

Before
After

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 01:47:19 AM »
thanks blackbishop, I just checked myself and there's a difference, the wrecks in vCoH don't have a white ring, have no portrait and have no unit name while selected, the ones I've seen being used in the maps have a pink "missing" portrait, engine sound, unit name, white ring around it and in Zhytomyr, the Tiger wreck even has a commander on it ;D
It's just a visual thing regardless. :)

Also, i'm sure this might be completely unrelated to the mod, but I was playing the PE campaign on Return to Valkenswaard when I lost both my Jagdpanthers on a bridge (forgot it was booby trapped, camo on vet looks great btw), and two squads of 2-men dubbed "Tiger Crew" spawned after they blew up, they all had the proper abilities of the ones from Tiger Ace DLC :o
Regardless, it may have been a random occurrence since my internet connection fell while playing it (and it did freeze for a few moments, twice.)
I tried it again to see if it was a random occurrence and killed a Jagdpanther on purpose, and it pretty much happened again, so something's up, I'll need to check on MP.

Before
After
Thanks, i didn't notice it before. Will be fixed for the next patch XD.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
[1.4.0.0] Epic bugs
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 02:49:17 AM »
So me and my mate have been hitting on some pretty epic bugs. The two last ones really made our day. First of all, my mate managed to lose his Tiger Ace to a AT gun ambush, and I had to recover it with a Bergetiger. Upon recovery the vehicle was returned to him as a regular Tiger. Kinda sad, as there's a pretty big difference.

However, the second, and definetively coolest bug in EF's entire history, is the Soviet Marder III tank. Yes, you read correctly, the Soviet Marder III tank. This tank hunter comes from the fact that a PE player can recover a Soviet SU-76 wreck. When recovery is complete, the vehicle will be returned to the Soviet player as a Marder III.

Another bug you'll notice if you look closely is the PE's Jagdpanzer can skid sideways and backwards.

Replay attached.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
Re: [1.4.0.0] Epic bugs
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »
You should've posted in the bug section but this is appreciated anyway.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2011, 03:23:03 AM »
Sorry! Didn't see the section. I was rather quick to go to General Discussion as the website is really overloaded and such a choir to navigate when it's so slow.

Someone please move this thread to the correct forum :)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 04:25:32 AM »
That's weird... I remember setting the correct wreck to the Ace :-\... Fixed.

Also give their own wreck to KV-85, KV-1 and SU-76.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »
-The map "Battle of Mahiljou" has 4 salvageable wrecks. 3 of them are American p47 thunderbolt which give about 75 ammo each. The wrecks should be changed to Henschel...
-I saw a soviet MG crew (out of a MG dogout) running around in a AI game. Then I found a empty MG nest near their base...
-Hinderdam has no description
-Sherman M4 105 and Sherman Jumbo can use defensiv smoke without being researched.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:34:20 PM by walki1 »
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »
KV-1 has bugged mg on the back of the turret. fires even at targets in front of the tank and doesn't rotate with turret (when turret is rotated the MG fires out of nowhere)
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
I'm not sure it belongs here, but guys, do something, if you can - the connection to the site is awful (to put it the most nicely) :'(

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline BeefEagle

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
I'm not sure it belongs here, but guys, do something, if you can - the connection to the site is awful (to put it the most nicely) :'(
Have to agree with that, I need to reload the page multiple times just for it to display things  :(
One thing, or suggestion, is that when you have the tank guards, you cannot reinforce them. It would seem logical that they have the ability to reinforce when all other special infantry units can.