Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.4] List of known issues  (Read 40353 times)

Killar

Re: [1.4] List of known issues
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
3) There's no place on the changelog where Conscript's vet is written so, how do you know they should capture heavy weapons ::). Conscripts don't capture heavy weapons and since it's not written anywhere they should, i wouldn't consider it a bug. However, that was the original idea and we're still checking if that could be implemented. Nonetheless congratulations for having a vet 3 conscript with the current requirements ;D.

kiddin?

Than my report that Vet2 conscripts cant recrew has no point either.

I remember reading that conscipts with vet1 can recrew.

- Building strelky requires only one upgrade from the soviet support barrack. But in the game it says "need soviet support barrack OR tank hall" and "upgrade from soviet support barrack". But if you build the soviet support barrack the text tank hall requirement disappears

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »
@Killar
I was just implying that we never said so :P. Nonetheless, we'll try to add that feature to conscripts XD.

The requirement is an binary OR, if you have one of those two the requirement will match and will dissapear, however why the hell you would need tank hall as requirement? That's help you have strelky if your opponent manages to destroy your Soviet Support Barracks.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Killar

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
Its like you said, strelky dont need a tank hall to be build.

Damn i dont know anymore where i read conscripts can recrew weapons in this patch.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
^^ It was in the initial 1.4.0.0 patch notes for donors.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Killar

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »
^^ It was in the initial 1.4.0.0 patch notes for donors.

Thx! Still is there

Offline AdmV0rl0n

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »
I believe this bug exists.

As I play brit a fair amount, it seems that the changes to the Infantry units removing the trench works as planned. However, units being re-generated from the field hospital tents/ medic building have the trench building capacity back.

They come out of that building in the same config as the pre-change brit inf unless I am mistaken.

(I was loathe to report, because those inf men are actually useful to some degree and differ from standard. ;)    )

Anyway, in addition, while I;ve not spent time grabbing the required info, many attempts at multiplayer games seenm to be breaking up in very short order due to crashes with friends/game partners. I will double check in future that all are on 2.602 and 1.40 - however, early gut feel here is there is a quantity of instability in 1.40 that was not the case previously (no blame attached guys, I understand 2.602 probably plays a serious part in that - and we have noted that 2.602 seems less stable as well, with more sync errors and crashes in our play)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »
I believe this bug exists.

As I play brit a fair amount, it seems that the changes to the Infantry units removing the trench works as planned. However, units being re-generated from the field hospital tents/ medic building have the trench building capacity back.

They come out of that building in the same config as the pre-change brit inf unless I am mistaken.

(I was loathe to report, because those inf men are actually useful to some degree and differ from standard. ;)    )

Anyway, in addition, while I;ve not spent time grabbing the required info, many attempts at multiplayer games seenm to be breaking up in very short order due to crashes with friends/game partners. I will double check in future that all are on 2.602 and 1.40 - however, early gut feel here is there is a quantity of instability in 1.40 that was not the case previously (no blame attached guys, I understand 2.602 probably plays a serious part in that - and we have noted that 2.602 seems less stable as well, with more sync errors and crashes in our play)
You mean, RMC's recovered infantry have that ability? I'll check it out.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline AdmV0rl0n

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »
I think so - yes.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Two bugs I have encountered...
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
First bug that I noticed is that whenever there is a British player, my Russian outposts no longer secure points and I can't reinforce from them either.

Second bug is that the 'retreat to medic truck' button covers up the sabotage strategic point ability for partisans.
Merged... there's alredy a topic for this kind of things.

For the first one, it's a known bug. Pending to be fixed.

For the second one... lol, was rolled back!? it was fixed iirc.
The boobytrap/med truck issue is back, retreat to med truck and boobytrap fcn's are both located at partisan GUI(B,4). Changing the macro for booby trap to a different GUI coordinate should fix it.
1. What does iirc stand for?
2. When I "searched" for this issue no results were shown?
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Two bugs I have encountered...
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
First bug that I noticed is that whenever there is a British player, my Russian outposts no longer secure points and I can't reinforce from them either.

Second bug is that the 'retreat to medic truck' button covers up the sabotage strategic point ability for partisans.
Merged... there's alredy a topic for this kind of things.

For the first one, it's a known bug. Pending to be fixed.

For the second one... lol, was rolled back!? it was fixed iirc.
The boobytrap/med truck issue is back, retreat to med truck and boobytrap fcn's are both located at partisan GUI(B,4). Changing the macro for booby trap to a different GUI coordinate should fix it.
1. What does iirc stand for?
2. When I "searched" for this issue no results were shown?
Well, users usually call it using different names, that could be the reason ;D. That will be fixed for the next update.

IIRC means if i recall correctly.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 09:22:21 AM »
@BlackBishop Thanks.

Since the advent of 2.6.02/1.4.0 A.I. Kets seem to move at warp speeds, (hard and expert levels). iirc my vet1 or vet2 Kets are nowhere near as fast. I understand vet3 Kets are super fast but I don't think I have ever achieved that level.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Killar

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
- T-90 skin has glitch when darkened by a enemy shot (it fluctuates)

- Partisans cant booby trap when this ability is unlocked by doctrine (not always)

- When a gren squad picks up a PTRD there is no symbol for it over the unit icon. Quite annoying when you have multible squads and you have to search for the right one.

- Soviet AI can build HMG (This vickers thing, but i think this is alrdy known)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:04:02 AM by Killar »

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: [1.4]Soviet mortar trajectory
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 09:48:09 PM »
Is there any difference in the trajectory of an artillery round and a mortar round in this game? That might be the cause, because of how the game sees it as an artillery shell and not a mortar shell so there is a different flight of the round.

My observation of smoke trails from the 120mm's supports this theory that an artillery type low parabolic trajectory is being used rather than a high arc parabolic trajectory typical of mortars. Coupled with mortar scatter in a barrage this could well result in decreased accuracy.

Is this a design issue or a bug?
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2011, 06:11:29 AM »
Pretty sure it's a mortar that has a larger impact graphic and better stats. Also has longer range (which means that it scatters a greater distance when it's in the air so long) and worse scatter anyway.

It's supposed to be innaccurate.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Tobus

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »
CW
- MG crew (out of a MG dogout) running around in a AI game. Then I found a empty MG nest near their base...

I can confirm I had this also with a Soviet MG nest: nest empty and MG's in another, crewable, building on the map. Map was Vienna.
No screenshot, sorry.