Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [v1.302] technical/cosmetics wishlist for PE  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Stevie64

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
[v1.302] technical/cosmetics wishlist for PE
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:27:34 AM »
Scout Car lock down
I've always been a bit confused by the way the Scout Car and Funkwagen locks down. The Funkwagen works fine, just drive it where you want it and hit the button. The Scout Car has this clunky pointer I think is supposed to give a direction to deploy in, but it doesn't work very well.
Would it be possible to mod the Scout Car's lock down to work more like the Funkwagen?

Wirblewind tracer animation
The Wirblewind is supposed to be nothing more than a Flak38 mounted on a Pz IV chassis. It seems to chew up infantry with equal ease, but I'm wondering why the animation is so different with those impossibly long ribbons for tracers. Can it be made to look and sound exactly like the Flak38?

Panzer Grenadier skins
Is there a reason that the PE grenadiers built at the HQ is different from those built at other base buildings? I know the historical thing with grey uniforms and all, but in the sense of special-ness for the PE I think they should all be wearing the camo parka in order to distinguish them from normal Wehr grenadiers. There would then be no difference in looks if they were built at the HQ and upgraded versus built straight from other buildings.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
Re: [v1.302] technical/cosmetics wishlist for PE
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Scout car lockdown is activated slightly differently because there is a lockdown animation unlike funkies. It still works the same, click the area you want to set up in. It doesn't matter which way you face it. It will still face in the direction it is already travelling in.

Wirbel fires in a different pattern to the flakvierling. It fires 2 shots bursts rather than the constant stream.

PGs don't differ at all statistically from those built in base buildings. The camo is overused already. It is also useful for your enemy to know if you're spending your munitions or not.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

pariah

Re: [v1.302] technical/cosmetics wishlist for PE
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
The SpƤhwagen lockdown worked fine in Opposing Fronts if i recall, but relic fucked it up in Tales Of Valor for some reason... ::) It was probably to make it not fit in tight places, but i'm not sure... :-\