Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Royal Marines Commandos Subfaction Needs Changes  (Read 5118 times)

Offline MattMHV

• Ingenery
  • Playin' CoH Anthology
    • View Profile
Royal Marines Commandos Subfaction Needs Changes
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
Royal Marines Commandos Subfaction Needs Changes

Well, i've been playing with the Commonwealth's normal faction for a long time, and, when the EF's 1.30 upgrade launched the RMC, with the title of an Assault Orientated Army, i tought, Wonderful!, but when i played with them for a few times, i didn't notice the Assault Part of the mod, probably because they still have 17pdrs, 25pdrs, bofors 40mm, all together, this makes them a very defensive faction. So, i've elaborated a few changes to the RMC faction, which i think should be at least considered as idea for further updates.

Gliders/Trucks Changes

HQ Command Truck:
Units Deployable: Royal Marine Section, Lieutenant, Marine Engineers, Captain, Bren Carrier.
Able to Build: Field Support CP, Armor Command Truck, SAS Forward Command.

Field Support CP: (Needs Lt.)
Units Deployable: 6pdr AT Gun, Staghound Armoured Car, 3" Mortar Team, Vickers MMG Team.

Armor Command Truck: (Needs Captain)
Units Deployable: Cromwell, Cromwell Comm., M10 Achilles, Comet.

SAS Forward Command: (Needs Captain)
Units Deployable: Royal Marines Section, SAS Raiders, Marine Engineers, SAS Willys MB Jeep.

Units Changes

Royal Marine Section: No Changes to this regular unit.

Marine Engineers: Now can only be called after a Lt. has emerged from HQ Comm. Truck.

Lieutenant: No Changes

Captain: Now can only be called after a Lt. has emerged from HQ Comm. Truck.

Bren Carrier: No Changes

6-Pounder AT Gun: Same as M1 57mm, but manned by the British

Staghound: No Changes

Vickers MMG Team: Same as MMG Commandos, but with less Accuracy and Less Hit Points. Also, can't deploy the Commandos Smoke

3" Mortar Team: Same as Mortar Commandos, but with less Accuracy, Less Range, and can't deploy the commandos Smoke.

Cromwell: No Changes

Cromwell Comm. Tank: No Changes

Comet: No Changes

M10 Achilles: Now Deployed from Armor Command.

SAS Raiders: Two P.I.A.T.s, Two Rifles and one Sten SMG.

SAS Willys MB Jeep: Now as a Single Jeep, armed with a Single .30 MG. (Note From Author: The Idea of Having Two Jeeps in a Single Squad gave problems with facing, and positioning them more accurately. Also, the SAS Support Jeeps were a Good idea, but only "average" against the really early vehicles, like the Kettenkrad, Schwimmwagen, and the PE's Armoured Car, so it would be good to have it as a Sniper Hunting Vehicle and as a Recce Vehicle)

Buildings/Defenses Changes

There is No More: Vickers MMG Emplacement, 17-Pounder AT Gun, 3" Mortar Pit.

25 Pounder Howitzer: Only available after the Supercharge Ability from the Royal Canadian Artillery has been researched, this means it will only be available to them. (Built by Sappers)

Bofors 40mm AA Gun: Now Haves 2x more range, but there is a Max. of 4 of them per RMC Faction. (Built by Sappers)

Casualty Clearing Station: No Changes. (Built by Sappers)

Mines: Only available to be built by the Disposal and Detection Squad (upgraded Marine Engineers)

Slit Trench: The Only Non-AA Defensive Structure of the RMC (Note From Author: At Least one def. Structure is needed...). Built by the Royal Marine Section

Sandbags: No Changes. Built by Royal Marine Section

Barbed Wire: No Changes. Built by the Royal Marine Section

/////////////////////////

I Have Also Made a Small Unit Board:
newbielink:http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae263/MattMHV/RMCBig.jpg [nonactive]

To a Bigger-Sized Board, download the Attachment.

I Honestly don't believe that it is ever going to be considered, but at least i could show that the Assault Orientated RMC Faction, is actually like a Defensive Commonwealth with different name.

Thanks for your consideration.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:37:52 PM by MattMHV »

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Marines Commandos Subfaction Needs Changes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:22:43 AM »
So basically you want Brits to go back to being a linear faction by always going LT-CT-Heavy armour? What you get now as RMC are options.

Clearly you haven't played against them if you think they're a defensive faction just because they can build emplacements. Just because Wehr can build bunkers and flaks doesn't mean you have to play them defensively. A good player with Brits has never actually been defensive and even less so now. The emplacements are just there as support. Your idea of removing 25lbers is especially dubious since they are already the worst arty in the game and essential for the brits to break a gren/bunker spam up.

Personally, I think the only valuable thing you said was about the jeep squads not facing correctly etc. However, jeep squads are a unique addition and reasonably well balanced apart from the fact you can't see individual health and other small bugs.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:31:39 AM »
And the Good Lord GodlikeDennis has spoken  ;D

I have to agree with what he said, you seem to have gotten too used to playing with the reg Brits.

The only thing I would change for the new Brits is the Doctrines, which I believe are still a tad to defensive oriented (especially the Royal Arty),but thats my own opinion.

As a matter of fact now that i re-echecked your concept, I noticed that you want to give the SAS Raiders 1 extra member and change the weapons kit to be 2 PIATs, 2 Lee-Enfields, and 1 Sten . Now i'm not the smartest guy in the world but I know without a doubt most raids take place in CQB (especially in this game).

SO why in the name of GodlikeDennis would you want to give them 2 Rifles, 2 PIATS, AND 1 BLOODY STEN. Why can't the people realize that the Thompson was used by the SAS throughout the war and i recall reading that many of them prefered the Tommygun over the Sten.

Also according to the CoH-stats website the only differences between the Tommygun and the Sten are the Tommygun's lower reload, (4.0-3.0 for the Sten compared to 3.7-2.9 for the Thompson), Tommygun's higher min. cooldown (3 for the Sten compared to 3.4 for Tommygun) and the Stens higher reload frequency (7-5 as compared to 2-2 for the Tommygun). So please just let the SAS keep their 3 Thompsons and 1 PIAT.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
17pdrs, 25pdrs, bofors 40mm, all together, this makes them a very defensive faction.
It accually makes them more offensive since emplacements are crap and Marines cant use slow moving 57mm. They have to use PIATs (available at T1 instead of T2) and all kinds of light vechicles.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »
Our RMC will remain as they are. They certainly do not need any further major changes and have proven to be surprisingly well balanced in just 2 patches.

I've yet to come across any serious balance concerns and they feel like a better faction than the vanila Brits. Although most people hate playing Brits regardless... ::)
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf