Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: stealth changes ?!?  (Read 1875 times)

Offline heinrich.rommel

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
stealth changes ?!?
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »
hello all

after playing a few days (since my net fell :P) on original, i believe the A.I. is changed compare to the original !?

i love E.F. ....variaty is the spice of life
 but is it me....or the A.i. is changed in E.F> ?!

didnt saw any patch notes saying that .....
 i m asking, cause some of my tacs on the orignal, dont work in EF

also, upon viweing records of games in EF, i m noticing the A.I. on any level ( i play on Normal and Easy for fun, where i play,l i dont have internet ), gaining resources at a freightning pace!

in fact, viewing a recorded game, in 200 secs timed, the enemy, Panzer Elite, had 4 high tier tanks + a good number of medium vehicles, despite the fact they controlled roughly 1/3 of map !

did the A.I. also gained a huge boost to resource income !? ... like 100% or something ?!
 i m playing 1.04

just asking, would lik to know if its me seeing things, or it really is like this... :D

Offline nomad52

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: stealth changes ?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »
Just from the few threads I have read about this topic I can tell you this...
In the original the AI received a slight resource boost and a slight unit quality boost to compensate for it being AI. In EF they removed the quality boost but increased the resource boost and made the AI more intelligent. 
This is just what I have managed to rap my head around as to why the EF AI levels equal one normal AI level harder (if not more) than the original (E.I Easy = Normal) 

Just for redundancy...  none of this information is guaranteed to be accurate.

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »
No wonder! , I played against normal US, and 2 Soviet on Lyon map, 5 minutes into the game I get killed by US Spammed Jeeps(Around 12 jeeps aginst my Volks and MG's US supported by Soviet conscripts)
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline heinrich.rommel

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »
hello again

beeing playing abit more at grandpa, now that spring cleaning is done :P

yes, i can attest better now !

doing games vs soviets (especially them...), or even vs opthers, i must confess it seems kinda stupid

personally, i dont mind THAT much  ( tho i do mind it abit....especially when i just want a nice, boringly easy EF game..>)
 reson i dont take it all that personally is cause it promotes aggresive playing....

and since i just loooove the german war machine....fits perfectly :D   sieg heil ftw :P

but beeing objective here ....
 i m not that far off a begginer myself

and i think alot of new people who may love the gameplay, graphic engine etc, will NOT have the zen patience to get A.S.S. R.A.P.E.D. on easy level 100000 times, before they finally come up with a coherent tactics to turn the odds

and they will give up, which will have the nasty detrimental effect of deterring new people and keepin the playing population low
 and no, telling them ,,get a friend and play online'' isnt the answer

the other horrible effect is the encouraging of cheats, especially if the match is  human + pc   v  human + pc   (seen it happen )

an even worse effect, is that those fgrustrated begginers who get R.A.P.E.D. on Easy level, will tell others who might want to give this great game a shot, to just give up, as its too frustrating when learning

and they are RIGHT !!!
begginer levels (aka Normal, but mostly Easy ) are akin to a school !
you should play on easy, beat the crap out of the PC, learn what and when to do, then move on to more difficult levels and eventually human opponents, who are obviously, much harder than any A.I. can be

here is where E.F. seems to fail big!
by creating a much too steep learning curve, it effectively shuns off new people ...

no one minds taking a few beatings at first of course, but getting effectively dissemboweled like a pig, 1000 times + by any civ, in Easy, isnt the way to attract new peeps

the Easy level should be like a test crash dummy !
very low opposition, OR if the A.I. makes many units, they should act stupid allmost always, to allow the novice to get the feel of the game

some will say : idiot! do tutorial!
i think we can all agree, a tiny limited tutorial is nothing like real warfare

i believe despite their superb job creating E.F., their devs do NOT have the right to decide to up the difficulty 2 times over --- effectively raising all levels one tier + insane resource boost

once again...i do NOT mind it  (that much...) as germans are aggresive and deadly strikers :D :D

but 8 of 10 newbies WILL mind it!
that is the reason why the original A.I. from Relic on Easy, was ....well.....easy :P

E.F. devs shouldnt assume all should be as pros as they are!
they have no such right !
imagine if at school, in frist grade, the teacher would skip begginer writing and calculus, and go all the way to advanced mathematics :P

dunno about you...but to any normal first grader, that would be one helluva shock !
and most normal parents would just withdraw their child from one such school !
even if that school provides a free iMac etc etc !

IMO, devs should alter ONLY  the Hard version !
after all....dont such pros play Hard versions only ?!