Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: General suggestions thread: ( veterancy, tiers, buildings, and so on )  (Read 11623 times)

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
I had the idea of a Veterancy system for the Ostheer a little like the PE one, only that the units can choose a weapon upgrade for each Veterancy Level they gain. For Example: a Volksgreanadier squad reaches vet. 1 now they can choose like 2 fg42 or 2 mp 44, vet. 2 now they can choose between 1stg44 and a Panzerfaust (only usable via ability), vet 3 choose between light mg42 and schreck.
Like this all Troops could be upgraded there only have to be done some stuff that could be able to add.

I like it , it's very useful and unique +1
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:02:32 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Offline wordsmith

• Guard
    • View Profile
Global experience
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:54:28 PM »
Global experience - the point is that all units experience gained is counted together in one building and then redistributed to individual units as medals, giving this unit some benefits. F.e.:

Prestige center (100 MP, 10 Fuel)
Prestige center serves as gathering point for experience. Units doesn't become veterans by experience, instead all experienced is counted inside this building and can be checked every time clicking on it. For those experience points medals can be granted to particular units, making it then more valuable in combat:
20exp Iron Cross 1st class
50exp German Cross
90exp Knight's Cross

Each medal is then displayed with unit's banner similar to PE def/off veterancy. Each unit can receive only 1 individual medal, it doesn't have to have lower medals to receive bigger one. So it is possible to distribute a Knight's cross to a unit without any medal. Effect of medals are cumulative, higher medal has bigger impact. Medals could also grant some special ability.

Offline SavageWorld

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Global experience
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:01:38 AM »
Global experience - the point is that all units experience gained is counted together in one building and then redistributed to individual units as medals, giving this unit some benefits. F.e.:

Prestige center (100 MP, 10 Fuel)
Prestige center serves as gathering point for experience. Units doesn't become veterans by experience, instead all experienced is counted inside this building and can be checked every time clicking on it. For those experience points medals can be granted to particular units, making it then more valuable in combat:
20exp Iron Cross 1st class
50exp German Cross
90exp Knight's Cross

Each medal is then displayed with unit's banner similar to PE def/off veterancy. Each unit can receive only 1 individual medal, it doesn't have to have lower medals to receive bigger one. So it is possible to distribute a Knight's cross to a unit without any medal. Effect of medals are cumulative, higher medal has bigger impact. Medals could also grant some special ability.

cool idea 8)

Offline My Name Is Ante

• Guard
  • Please, my name is Ante not Dante
    • View Profile
That is a nice idea...
Well, I have my idea of my own though... 8)

Veterancy for Ostheer
Ostheer capables to build tower in every areas. This tower can not be build in area that hasn’t been captured, however the effect last even after seized by enemy. Only one tower can be built in every area and the tower is invisible. Also, the tower doesn’t reveal any invisible unit nearby. The bonus gave by the tower is varied and depend on which base building you built. Each base building unlock new bonus for your troop. Only 1 bonus can be active at once and the bonus is same for every tower.
1.)   Infantry Bonus:
•   (Pro) Increase Accuracy and damage against enemy infantry
•   (Pro) Your infantry will sprint and harder to suppress.
•   (Pro) Decrease enemy accuracy against your infantry.
•   (Con) Slightly decrease your unit accuracy to enemy vehicle and highly to tank.
•   (Con) Decrease recon unit reveal range.
2.)   Vehicle Bonus:
•   (Pro) Increase Accuracy and damage against enemy vehicle.
•   (Pro) Your vehicle upgrade and repaired time will be decreased.
•   (Pro) Decrease enemy accuracy against your vehicle.
•   (Con) Slightly decrease your unit accuracy to enemy infantry and tank.
•   (Con) Decrease repair rate of Builder Halftrack; Ost Grenadier and Ost Panzerjäger Grenadier (Require Last Stand Doctrine) to anything beside vehicle.
3.)   Tank Bonus:
•   (Pro) Increase accuracy and damage against enemy tank.
•   (Pro) Increase armor penetration against enemy vehicle and tank.
•   (Pro) Decrease enemy mine and AT damage against your tank within area.
•   (Con) Slightly decrease your unit accuracy to enemy vehicle and highly to infantry.
•   (Con) Decrease repair rate of Builder Halftrack; Ost Grenadier and Ost Panzerjäger Grenadier (Require Last Stand Doctrine) to anything beside tank.
4.)   Superior Bonus
•   (Pro) Increase damage against all of enemy unit.
•   (Pro) Your unit gain bonus defense.
•   (Pro) Increase your unit accuracy to all of enemy unit.
•   (Con) Increase enemy accuracy against all of your units.
•   (Con) Your Builder Halftrack; Ost Grenadier and Ost Panzerjäger Grenadier (Require Last Stand Doctrine) will repair slower.
5.)   No Bonus
•   (Pro) No Decreasing stat.
•   (Con) No Bonus.

I also use this in my concept, perhaps anyone interested, you can look there ;D

Thanks
I am sorry for my bad

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
I think it's cool but too limited,wordsmiths Idea seeemed like it would work in a good way, but I can see coding troubles with it.
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
How about these:
Tungsten carbide is often used in armor-piercing ammunition, especially where depleted uranium is not available or is politically unacceptable. The first use of W2C projectiles occurred in German Luftwaffe tank-hunter squadrons, which used 37 mm autocannon equipped Junkers Ju 87G dive bomber aircraft to destroy Soviet T-34 tanks in World War II. Owing to the limited German reserves of tungsten, W2C material was reserved for making machine tools and small numbers of projectiles for the most elite combat pilots, like Hans-Ulrich Rudel. It is an effective penetrator due to its high hardness value combined with a very high density.

And for solving the other axis country support I figuered out these:
Axis allies infantry support (The axis countrys sending troops to assist the germans. +1 squad size, and reduce the price and reinforce time)

Axis allies industry support (with the support of the axis counrties, the wehicles can build faster)

Police Divisions (Foreign troops assist you to secure the captured territoryes. Increase the output of the oil and ammo.)

It can be a doctrinal ability or something. I think i saw these on the forum, so maybe not I'm the one, who came up wit this idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_SS_Polizei_Division
That's all. :)

Offline Muesliriegel

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Ok i gathered some of my ideas for this thread:

-A Veterancy system for the Ostheer a little like the PE one, only that the units can choose a weapon upgrade for each Veterancy Level they gain. For Example: a Volksgreanadier squad reaches vet. 1 now they can choose like 2 fg42 or 2 mp 44, vet. 2 now they can choose between 1stg44 and a Panzerfaust (only usable via ability), vet 3 choose between light mg42 and schreck.
Like this all Troops could be upgraded there only have to be done some stuff that could be able to add.

-A ability for all Ostheer inf. units that they can lock on a position. They get Health and accurancy bonus, maybe further sight, but wont be able moving first have to leave locked pos. again. That would be nice so ur units dont leave cover and will be better in defending positions countering russian spam attacks like this. it would also fit to the concept of the Ostheer to switch fast from attacking the enemy and to quickly defend the new captured land.

-medikit for all inf and supporting troops (including paks and mortars). It would be a free ability so no costs but a cool down time like russians have and the troops maybe could be unable to move and shoot while healing, because i think its not logic for troops to run in battle while beeing injured. Maybe they could also have a mobile Medic Tent, it would cost 3 - 5 pop and would be recruted from HQ, for example. It would be a 3 men squad of medics. They can heal units on the way pios heal tanks, so only 1 squad at the time. The set up tent has to be set down before moving, but could have the option of gathering wounded soldiers, healing in a small range around tent (could work over a cool down ability) and 1 squad could move in the built up tent. In the tent faster Heal rate, but low fire rate and accurancy for troops shoting out of the tent.
Antwort

Offline comrade2012

• Guard
  • "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
    • View Profile
I have some ideas cocerning the Ostheer forward HQ.

The idea:
What if the Ostheer had the ability to actually construct a building, in any of their territory, that functioned as an HQ. The reason I think this is a good idea is because, sometimes you will be on a map with no buildings, or hardly any buildings, and you really need a forward HQ, but you cant make one!! I dont know what building model you would use, but it could be like a bunker.

2nd idea:
What if you could upgrade German tanks to have the ability to lock down (yes i know that has been suggested on another thread, but this is different) However, while they are in lockdown ability they act kinda like the PE Scout Car in the sense that the enemy cant capture the base while it is in lockdown.
also, this tank can call in artillery strikes, and increase line of site. It may even have the ability to call in pioneers, or automatically repair vehicles around it. It may sound overpowered, but maybe you could set a limit on how many you could upgrade.
"It is better to fight for something than live for nothing." George Patton

Offline Toorstain

• Guard
    • View Profile
Base Building

Idea: The Ostheer don't have base building in an ordinary way. they don't use pioneers or engineers. Buildings are called in, and defenses are constructed as units that must be set up. The reason is that that the Ostheer is an early game team that will not be slowed down by base building.

HQ

The Ostheer have an ordinary HQ where you can call in base trucks that is a bit different than the british trucks. They can only be set up inside the base and only be set up once.

In the HQ you can also build an early capturing unit (and conscript figther). I have no idea what unit that should be, but that can someone else think of. You can also build an Sdkfz. 9 halftrack that can repair things.

Defenses

One of the buildings is a "defenses building". There you can build things like MG nest-teams or Flak 88-teams that begins as a non-attack unit that you can move somewhere and deploy into for example a MG nest. Whether they should be able to un-deploy is a balance question.

Trucks

The base trucks could be like this.
-Infantry
-Light Vehicles/Support units
-Tanks
-Defenses
(Not necessarily in this order)

Toorstain

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
+1

~Darth Vader

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
Re: General suggestions thread: ( veterancy, tiers, buildings, and so on )
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 02:04:30 PM »
+1
Great idea. Ostheer will be original, somehow...

Offline LeaderH

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
Three tech groups, one for a match,

Heavy panzer Regiment I:
enables Tiger   (expensive, slow and very powerful)
Heavy panzer Regiment II:
enables King Tiger   (expensive, slow and very powerful)

Medium panzer Regiment I:
enables Pz IV   (normal price, versatile and more powerful)
Medium panzer Regiment II:
enables Panther  (fairly expensive, fast and deadly)

Tank destroyer Regiment I:
enables StuG III   (cheap, hard to hit, versatile, and powerful)
Tank destroyer Regiment II:
enables Elefant   (expensive, the extreme tank destroyer)

Choosing heavy panzer regiment would means more expensive tanks so you might be lacking tanks! Choosing medium panzer regiment would mean a balance between tank destroyer, which emphasis on effective anti-tank vehicles.

Call-in tanks would be a bad idea, they should use the fuel for tanks, especially for the very powerful ones.

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 01:51:43 AM »
I'm a little iffy on yours LH, too much good not enough bad.

~Darth Vader

Offline Terenas

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Doctrin: Last man standing
Kind: Defend (but not like the britains)

With max points in the doktrin you will be able to recruit a vehicle with louderspeakers and a general.

The loudspeakers lower lowers the moral of enemys troops. This was in fact real. They were used a lot in the war.

They must be very effective versus the russian standart units, but less effective versus britains. If a russian standart troop´s moral is too low and it run away, there is a 30% chance that they turn sides when a loudspeaker is in range.
All other troops got a only 10% chance.

This is not Op, its only a passive for the spaming of russian standart soldiers, when the player got better units, they will not convert and the loudspeaker will become useless compared to a tiger, so it is just a gadget for the first 10 minutes or if you got too much oil. All in all i think its ok (rate).

2: The Sniper: Everyone of us saw the movie duell, i mean it done everyone. Ok by the way its not sure if there was a sniper könig or not, i mean that i heared he was mentioned by the sowjets but of course he wasn that important. The most of the movie is fiction but i dont know.. German snipers were known as elitian, a reason is that a huge number of snipers were old aristokrates, from better families in which it was normal to hunt and go to the army.

So i think a second special unit could be a elitian sniper, deep in the tree like the tiger. The elitian sniper (let call him könig for fun), can shoot twice as long and fast, got a 50% chance to do not lose comonflage, and can run with it.

But there can only be 1 elitian sniper every 30 minutes, the countdown starts after the active sniper died.

So this is already a defend gadget too.

Next one: Better shelters (bunker), you will be able to build shelter lines this will need a huge number of ressouces. A shelter line is twice as strong as the allies shelter lines (trenshes), but it would be defending lines, built of concrete, that cant be destroyed by artillerie fire. Only by the simple men vs men war (if you look the pazifik wall..), the britains trenshes are very strong and they were attacker, they do not got the time to build big defending walls, the germans got the time and they done it, they built extreme defending lines, but no where in comany of heroes you can see it. Their shelters were tooo week, they are just rusher, but they werent rusher after 1942, since 1942 they were more defending than rushing and so 1 of the german armys need strong shelters. To make it more real and more fun. you must be able to win with a good defending, like the britains are able to win with a defending. I want to have my little base with my awesome defending line defending versus legions of russians, that would be cool, right now you got no chance versus russian rushers. i want the ability to build bunker lines which make you to a good defender.

But i do not want that this is a too powerful effekt so i would make the suggest, that EVERY faction receive a such doktrin, that every faction will be able to win through defending. So there is no advantage. The skills could be different but they all should be able to build bunker lines,. But the germans should be able to build the best from beton, while the others only can make normal trenshes, but even the trenshes should  be better, and you should be able to place them like walls in other games, that you can make lines.

And maybe a ultimate in the doktrin, a timer for example, that when you get all doktrin points the game will be won in 60 minutes/120 minutes. That you can only try to hold your main base this time..

that would  be nice..

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
The elitian sniper (let call him könig for fun), can shoot twice as long and fast, got a 50% chance to do not lose comonflage, and can run with it.
A sniper that can fire as far as an 88 and can kill a Tommy squad (450MP) in 15 seconds.
I wouldnt call him a "defend gadget".
A shelter line is twice as strong as the allies shelter lines (trenshes), but it would be defending lines, built of concrete, that cant be destroyed by artillerie fire. Only by the simple men vs men war (if you look the pazifik wall..), the britains trenshes are very strong and they were attacker, they do not got the time to build big defending walls, the germans got the time and they done it, they built extreme defending lines, but no where in comany of heroes you can see it. Their shelters were tooo week, they are just rusher, but they werent rusher after 1942, since 1942 they were more defending than rushing and so 1 of the german armys need strong shelters. To make it more real and more fun. you must be able to win with a good defending, like the britains are able to win with a defending. I want to have my little base with my awesome defending line defending versus legions of russians, that would be cool, right now you got no chance versus russian rushers. i want the ability to build bunker lines which make you to a good defender.
British advances were allways slow becouse they were defensive oriented. Tunesia 1943 and Caen 1944 prove me right.

If you want concrite lines build wehrmacht bunkers and dragons teeth. If you want defensive units build the best MGs (MG42) ingame and PAKs that can camo.
But i do not want that this is a too powerful effekt so i would make the suggest, that EVERY faction receive a such doktrin, that every faction will be able to win through defending. So there is no advantage. The skills could be different but they all should be able to build bunker lines,. But the germans should be able to build the best from beton, while the others only can make normal trenshes, but even the trenshes should  be better, and you should be able to place them like walls in other games, that you can make lines.
So you want to change every fraction?
Why want you just play another mod that modifies core fractions then?