Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Vet system  (Read 2204 times)

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
Ostheer Vet system
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
                   Heres my idea: There are 3 "tabs" on the factory window, each tab is the same units but different vet levels, and you can upgrade your factory 3 times to unlock the vetted units. Think about the Sturm Armory (For Example), there would be an "upgrade button" on the factory for you to upgrade the troops which are trained from it, so lets say you upgraded the Sturm Armory, itll cost 30 Fuel for vet 1, 50 for vet 2 and 70 for vet 3, and as you tier up the cost for the vet upgrades increase, like the Panzer Command would cost 50 Fuel for vet 1 etc,etc. So if you have a Vet 3 Sturm Armory, the Krieg Barracks will still remain at Vet 0.

Heres a really short brief description of my vet system::

This can work either way, with the buildable (This version of the Ostheer)/buyable (Wehr style) vet or the earned vet (USA):
Vet 1: Unlocks all upgrades for the unit or a specific upgrade
Vet 2: 25-50% More health/20-40% less chance of armor penetration for tanks/Tank upgrades (Extra Armor, MG mounted on top, etc)
Vet 3: Quicker movement speed and accuracy bonus/ 10% health increase. Faster suppression recovery rate/Does not supress as quickly

The better vet results may be too high or too low, but thats always up for debate, I just do NOT agree with the more popular vet system of troops getting just special abilities per vet level.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 10:08:19 AM by ThGermanElite »
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Vet system
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
             You can also vet them using the "Buyable vet system", I dont care, either way works. But heres a really short brief description of my vet system::

This can work either way, with the biuldable/buyable vet or the earned vet:
Vet 1: Unlocks all upgrades for the unit or a specific upgrade
Vet 2: 25-50% More health/20-40% less chance of armor penetration for tanks/Tank upgrades (Extra Armor, MG mounted on top, etc)
Vet 3: Quicker movement speed and accuracy bonus/ 10% health increase. Faster suppression recovery rate/Does not supress as quickly

The better vet results may be too high or too low, but thats always up for debate, I just do NOT agree with the more popular vet system of troops getting just special abilities per vet level.
So your Ostheer is easier to vet and (2 ways of vetting) and vet bonuses are bigger.

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Vet system
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
There you go, I made it a bit easier to understand, I didnt mean "two ways" to get vet.

Also the results of reaching a veterancy level are open for discussion, whether they should be more, or less. 
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34