Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [v1.04] suggestions and tweaks.  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Doctor_Den

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
[v1.04] suggestions and tweaks.
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »
Hello!

First of all I'd like to say big “Thanks!” to all mod creators. You have created really awesome addition to CoH and I hope it will get better and better. 

I have some little suggestions and tweaks for soviet fraction to be made (IMHO). So they are: 

1.   T-70 and T-90. As for me, it was a little surprise to see this tanks in Tank Depot. Yes I know that they were fabricated massively in 1943-1945 but to represent better the whole soviet armor “family” I suggested using some other combinations like:

BA-20 + T-70    newbielink:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%90-20 [nonactive]
BA-64 + T-70    newbielink:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%90-64 [nonactive]
T-26 + T-90      newbielink:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-26 [nonactive]
BA-11+ T-90    newbielink:http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/BeforeWWII/ba11/ [nonactive]

Sorry for Russian links, but I hope you will understand from pictures what I am talking about =)

2.   Soviet tanks machine-gun. For now it is useless so I suggest adding to each tank upgrade   
      for improving it's machine-gun (about 25-50 mention cost) 

3.   Conscripts problem. For now they are absolutely useless because of  Ingenery spamming           
      tactics. So as I see two things can be made: Reduce cost of conscripts or reduce Ingenery   
      damage.

4.   Soviet arty. For 300 manpower and 100 fuel not quite needed thing to have on a   
battlefield. Personally I have never build it in SP games. So I suggest removing it at all or lowering it  cost (and accuracy possible).   

5.   Secured resourcing in all sectors – NO! Securing resourcing in one player handpicked sector (ammo, manpower, or munition) –YES! As I see it will be a perfect thing for soviet. For example we can add this ability to soviet command squad so they can secure one sector increasing it's income.

6.   Anti-tank rifle teams. For now they have not enough firepower to counter even a puma. I suggest increasing there firepower and adding breaking tracks ability. This is because in late game stage they are becoming useless and this improvement will bring them back allowing for soviet player totally no tank tactics: ZIS-2+ Anti-tank rifle = great anti-tank barrier.

7.   Soviet 120mm heavy mortar. It is quite powerful and to balance it I suggest lowering it moving speed.

8.   Soviet flamethrower tanks. During the WW2 soviets were having a lot of flamethrower tanks modifications (most numerous was T-26 T-38 and T-34 modifications). So what about adding flamethrower upgrade to some of soviet tanks?

9.   ISU-152 – great, big, useless. As I thing such monstrous weapons are not fitting the entire CoH game concept so I suggest removing it and call instead pair of SU-76 assault guns. newbielink:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%A3-76 [nonactive] More then 13000 produced units during WW2!

That's all my thoughts about improving and re-balancing EF mod for now.
One more time thanks you for Eastern Front!

P.S. Sorry for my English it is awful actually =(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:33:48 PM by WartyX »

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
Re: My Eastern Front: suggestions and tweaks.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:30 AM »
Add version tags or the post will be locked.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
Re: My Eastern Front [v1.04]: suggestions and tweaks.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »
9.   ISU-152 – great, big, useless. As I thing such monstrous weapons are not fitting the entire CoH game concept so I suggest removing it and call instead pair of SU-76 assault guns. http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%A3-76 More then 13000 produced units during WW2!

SU-76 was a cheap to build obsolete TD and was only kept in production due to need because of soviet tank incredible attrition rate.

ISU, was not a 'monster' in any shape or form and it actually had less armour than an IS2.(hell,a Brumbar based on the humble PZIV had twice the frontal armour and 150mm gun!) It was just a late war assault gun which was needed when the soviets started advancing and fighting in European urban enviroments. Its purpose wasn't to be a TD but getting hit by a 155mm arty shell is not something a tank can survive direct or indirect.

Much like the Jagdpanther, in game terms they're hyped/supped up for the 'cool factor' and therefore fit nicely in the COH game
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline orenda

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: [v1.04] suggestions and tweaks.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:46 AM »
I like some of the ideas:

5. It will be interesting if the Command Squad can actually secure only one sector. The problem this may cause though is related to ammo management since you pay only for upgrades and not for abilities (which has to be changed in my opinion) or being able to start massing T-34 earlier in the game after securing a fuel point. However, having this option will give you some new possibilities and I think it will be worth considering this idea.

6. I like the idea about having Tank Hunters having breaking track ability, though in mid to late game it can be OP when having upgraded Zis or upgraded tanks.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »
9.   ISU-152 – great, big, useless. As I thing such monstrous weapons are not fitting the entire CoH game concept so I suggest removing it and call instead pair of SU-76 assault guns. http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%A3-76 More then 13000 produced units during WW2!

SU-76 was a cheap to build obsolete TD and was only kept in production due to need because of soviet tank incredible attrition rate.

ISU, was not a 'monster' in any shape or form and it actually had less armour than an IS2.
Much like the Jagdpanther, in game terms they're hyped/supped up for the 'cool factor' and therefore fit nicely in the COH game
"SU-76 was obsolete"?
Than, Stugs and Marders were obsolete too...
But youre right about the 'cool factor' of an ISU-152.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »
once the heavier P4s, Panthers and Tigers came on the field they where obsolete... the T34/76 doesn't do a damn thing to panthers and having the SU76 would just be a waste of MP at that stage of the game

Offline bloodhound

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 02:20:58 AM »
i would like to say great job on this mod.
but i was just wondering why do the Russian's not get a starting unit. even Brits get an upgraded inf unit that cost 450 mp but yet Russian's don't get anything.
also why is it that when u upgrade any unit it only effects the new units u build. question why when i upgrade us inf to BAR, all US inf get BAR even the ones that were already made, yet my conscripts still don't have weapons
BTW version 1.04 is what i am running. i spend all my manpower building units and microing them then i spend all my munni upgraded one and then i see my old units are useless and i have no manpower to make new ones and new units cost more example mortar 350-437mp
just wondering if anyone else has noticed this

Offline Voop_Bakon

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:20:53 AM »
Read around, these are all gameplay decisions made by the devs. Instead of complaining, learn to adapt and get the most out of it.  Old units arent useless, a rifle pointed from and NKVD squad is the same one as the regular squad. Make the most out of everything you have

Offline cts321

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »
at 6. wtf the tank hunter squad is too op they were so powerful that i use them to kill panthers with man against machine you just need 4 squads to kill it and 2 to force a retreat and if you got good micro you can kill it with those 2

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »
"SU-76 was obsolete"?
Than, Stugs and Marders were obsolete too...
But youre right about the 'cool factor' of an ISU-152.

Su76 was a tin can armed with a gun than needed the rare HVAP to go through the frontal armour of a PzIV at 500mtrs. It was obsolete and never on the same level as a stug, which remained at full combat efficiency even by 45 as it could knock out a T34/sherman at about 1500mtrs while being mostly safe from return fire. Hence their incredible kill to loss ratio in tank fighting.

Hence why SU-76 was not used as a TD but as a supporting assault gun where at least the HE ability was same as a normal T34
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »
With this mod I feel back in love with Tier 3 Wehrmacht