Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [ 1.04 ] Map Balance -Prokhorovka (6)  (Read 2210 times)

Offline mystic-eye

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
[ 1.04 ] Map Balance -Prokhorovka (6)
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:26:59 AM »
I'm not sure this has been mentioned before, but I havn't seen any comments regarding this...

On the map Prokhorovka (6) the +10 fuel is next to the base on the south side, followed by the +16 munitions. On the north side it is the +16 munitions that sits against the base. One or the other should be reversed so that both sides are equal.

See image for balance problem:

It isn't game breaking...but balance is balance :)

Offline Razz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: [ 1.04 ] Map Balance -Prokhorovka (6)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
I don't see a problem with it as they are so close to base and in the next sector which is pretty safe.

Have you experienced game losses because of this?

Offline mystic-eye

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »
I wouldn't say that those placements were the absolute cause of game losses, but having had the fuel camped when starting in the north has prevented my team mate and I from building any vehicles to try to take it back, and we've done the same to other teams. It is MUCH more difficult to cut off the south's fuel for long periods of time given its direct connection to the bases and proximity to the base MG's... In all honesty it wouldn't bother me if only the south's resources were rearranged, then at least BOTH fuels would be fair game. Either switch would be fine, and fair.

Again, balance is balance. The map doesn't do a great job trying to hide its symmetry, so it might as well be totally symmetrical as I believe was intended in the first place. It's an easy fix...like stupid easy, and should be fixed to give the map a good finished polish. :)

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
  • I have studied your art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
this is in my humble opinion a map were soviets are pretty good
they always push you back at first
"But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline Narizna

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
odd,

because every time i play with soviets on this map against my friends, i have lost because they are able to stop us from going across the river, and then they are able to take the North and hold it.

ok so fine, switch it around, but i have yet to have problems with the map.

-Narizna