Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: SOVIET \"Tier\" SYSTEM PERFECTED  (Read 6840 times)

Offline WhiteFlash

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Reborn
SOVIET \"Tier\" SYSTEM PERFECTED
« on: January 29, 2010, 01:19:39 AM »
Id like opinions on this system in which to unlock units and make resourcing decisions.  I believe this would be the perfect unique, playable and fluent system that the soviets need.

THE ZIP FILE IS A POWERPOINT EXPLAINING THE SYSTEM IN DETAIL, WATCH IT BEFORE POSTING PLEASE.

If you play with comps please don't post your opinion. Thank you.

Post Merge: January 29, 2010, 06:22:57 AM
These are approximate resource costs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:12:03 PM by WhiteFlash »

Offline PzKampfwagenkanone

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: SOVIET \"Tier\" SYSTEM PERFECTED
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »
I watcht it and thought hard about it and :D In general looks great but I have not that overview how it would cause but lets try it could be great. There is one thing which could cause trouble imo The IS-2: the unlock needs fuel so after IS-2 is unlocked IS-2 is too profitable ==> spam   IMO it would be better to decrease the unlock costs to 100muni 0fuel and increase the unit costs to 155fuel 600MP

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »
Really great ideas!
would make things lot more balanced!

Offline SavageWorld

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
I was thinking of making something like this, but I don't think I can make anything that is better than what you made.

I give you one cool smily for the work  8)

Offline Razz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »
Your costs are too expensice. Soviets can't secure resources.

How many games have you played?

Offline Joshua9

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »

He might be among those who suggest, as many have suggested at this point, that Soviets get secured resourcing and then are balanced accordingly.

Soviets resourcing might work in 1v1, but how could they possibly be balanced in cross-faction team-games if they are balanced without secured resourcing in 1v1?  There might be something I don't know that makes them less effective in team games to off-set this, but I doubt it.

Offline maccollo

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
This is really nice :)
One suggestion tho, to make the SU85 unlock be as valuable as the IS2 it should cost less munitions, because you'll need to buy the pretty darn expensive 100 mm gun upgrade for it to be really good.

Your costs are too expensice. Soviets can't secure resources.

How many games have you played?
And this needs to be fixed or they are broken playing with other factions, especially the britts. Having them secure resources with their outposts would make sense to me. Either have it happen automatically or you could make it do it with an upgrade it after it's built.

Offline WhiteFlash

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Reborn
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
New resource layout posted

Offline WhiteFlash

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Reborn
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »
I would like more good players to comment on this.   Thanks.

Offline Troynl

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 02:33:42 PM »
the biggest problem is that the soviet is OP at the start, i am not shure if this system is gonne fix that.
ow and if you use this system don't make extra upgrade needed for the soldiers you can build in the Army Tent

Offline WhiteFlash

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Reborn
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
it doesnt, you upgrade from other buildings to unlock infantry units, the commander would also have his binoculars in tier1, heroic charge in tier2 and command arty in tier3.  tier 1 would be immediate, tier 2 would be acheived after you research your first unlock and tier 3 would be acheived after you research your second unlock.  This would fix the starting soviets.

Offline orenda

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
Good ideas, I agree on most of them like having upgrades to unlock some units and paying fuel as well for some global upgrades.

However, I believe Snipers and Tank Hunters should come with the building and no upgrade to be required for them.

Reasons

Sniper team: In the early game, because of lack of MGs and good infantry (except the command squad), snipers are your best unit to support your conscripts and to be able to counter enemy support units.

Tank hunters: this unit is the only way to counter PE in early game, especially when you fight Infantry HT or Armored cars later.

Otherwise, you can switch Tank hunters with AT gun - in that way if the game is really dynamic, you will upgrade and use snipers and tank hunters since they are more mobile, or if the game has formed a heavy front line, then you may need mortars and AT guns.

Also, about the Command Squad - I believe Charge (which CD should be reduced if ideas below are implemented) and Binoculars should be usable from the start and later you will get Arty, as you propose. As I wrote in my topic, I believe that Command Squad's number should be reduced but made harder to kill, so you can have a good infantry support officer unit.

In general I agree with the rest ideas you have proposed. If you are interested, you can check out my suggestion topic and comment on the issues there if you want. Best regards.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:02:02 PM by orenda »

Offline xenotype

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »
The devs have already said they are not going to make significant changes to soviet teching.

Offline bastex

• Guard
  • we enforce soviet will
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »
nuts
yes .... im sorry ><
bcouse i was  born as a complete utter bastard

Offline SavageWorld

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »
Mabey you could even out the cost of the upgrades in the Armoury.